Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Help Will Come

D & C 68: 6
Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus  Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

Help Will Come
2/18/07

No matter how alone you feel
Or, in truth, you may well be
Or how you cry out in your soul
For one to trust continually.

No matter how you search and look
And still there is no-one
Have faith, be still, do not lose hope
For always, help will come.

The source, each different, yet the same
The Lord works through the ones who will
Each help made equal to each need
Shows us the Lord is faithful still.

He sends one soul to listen well
Another to suggest
And when there's no-one to give hope
By His help we'll be blessed.

So though heart, faith and hope are tired
And still you have no-one
Have faith, be still, do not give up
And hope, for help will come.


Coming from the family problems that so dominated my life, I do not and have not had the family support that I watch so many others regularly fall back on. All the same, there has always been the help needed when something was beyond my own capabilities. Sometimes I could talk to one friend or another, sometimes I happened across a random reference that helped me understand, sometimes a random stranger appeared more than willing to help, sometimes  my dreams would give me perspective, sometimes it was simply a blessing of peace. But I was never left alone by Heavenly Father. And I promise that so long as you want Him there, He will never leave you alone either. He does not always give the answer we want as quickly as we want, but He will always be there to give us the help we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment